Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/E startup slow

soboyle

Sometimes when starting Pro, it can take 2-3 minutes to start, it just sits there half opened, and then finally opens. Any configurations that might make this happen? I have notices this over the past 4-5 releases of Pro, on some machines it just starts slow for no accountable reason, even brand new machines with very fast processors.

Are you trying checking for licenses on multiple license servers? If a license server is unavailable, Pro|E will take a while to give up on it and just load with the available licenses.

Check the size of your personal Config.pro and config.win files if you have customized ones in your startup directory.

If you open the file in Word and it's 50 or 300 pages and the file size is 10meg then it takes Pro/E a long time to load all those options.

Michael

Delete all trail files from the default trail dir.

If trail_dir is not set in config.pro or config.sup the files are located in the Pro/E startup directory.

/Kim

Hi guys

I am also facing the same problem. My config.pro & config.win are rather

smaller than the "soboyle" and my trail files are set far from the start in

dir. I am using WF3.0,it takes 2~3 min to start.

try increase your virtual memory and sum all your search paths into a search path file ... its usually take more time in locating paths and folders. also setup your config.pro in a way to startup with the web-browser minimized because this takes most of the time when launching.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back