Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

pro/e set-up problem?

simonshuai

I am using PRO/E WF2.0 M120 and computer(3.2G CPU, 4.0G memory).

when I work assembly, switching from assembly model to drawing takes long time, sometimes 10 minute for not very big assembly. I think that problem may be caused by setup or something. Does anyone have ideas?

Most likely your graphics card/driver. What are they? Are you running graphics in OPENGL or WIN32GDI?

I thought video card problem, but I recently updated the driver and only solved flashing problem when I moved mouse over models.
operating system: winxp
video card: NVIDIA Quadro4 980XGL
MEMORY: 128MB
View attachment 1912

Go to the Quadro4 980XGL tab and check that the Custom OpenGL Application Setting is set to Pro/Engineer. Also, in Pro/E, click help/technical support info. This will write a file named support.inf.1 to your working directory. Check the graphics setting there. Line 44 should be: Pro/ENGINEER Graphics Type: OPENGL.

Thanks dr_gallup. It works, but it still slow.
I have the following setting.
OpenGL application setting: Pro/Engineer WildFire
Pro/ENGINEER Graphics Type: OPENGL. (in support.inf.x)

Also there is another problem after AutoCAD Mechanical 2006 was installed in my computer.
When I use even windows explore, I feel delay for sliding side bar or bottom bar to show more files.
I am very appreciated for any response.

<DIV>We encounted a similar problem, especially with helix's.</DIV>
<DIV>After upgrading to M180, the problem was reduced by 90%</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>It doesn't seem to be documented with PTC, but I recommend you give it a try.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>good luck.</DIV>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back