Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/E construction line

SWDADA

how do I sketch a construction in Pro/E WILDFIRE 3. I am using a trial out addition.

I tried following the normal procedure of sketching a line, right clicking and chosing construction, but the right click is not responsding when in the graphics area. any ideas

sounds like it may be a mouse issue...but after highlighting the line

under edit there is toggle construction .. in wf2

my mouse is working well, I double checked it with commands in different programs. but it just connot bring up short cut menus inside the graphics area of pro/e. On the toolbars, task bars and menus yes, right click works ok

Ishmael,

Has it ever operated properly in ProE ? Seems Like I have seen some threads regarding mouse problems when going to WF3... cant tell you I have run across it as I am still using WF2...

but in the mean time you can toggle lines to construction line and back ..

under Edit>toggle construction... says crtl-g also.. but that didn't work for me .

my best guess is that it is also undo the edit menu in WF3

I double checked it with commands in different programs

ProE is ina different world ... it just looks to be windows compliant

Ironicly enough Microsoft uses Pro/E to develop their mice and other products and they don't work so well in Pro/E Wildfire 3.0

You should use Logitech

And Logitech ... I forget what they use.

some additonal info would help..

such are you on a laptop?

drivers all updated

64 bit os?

screen res?

mouse type... that kind of info would help...someone who has maybe had this problem before

best I can do is point out the proverbial workaround..sorry

did you try holding down the right mouse button for a second. On my Dell useing the WF3 tryout it will not work if I just click it like normal.

Yes of course, Pro/E has been developed to run on windows platforms. But it's amazing that some of its menus do not function on XP. I think this flaw is attributed to the application software (pro/e) rather than running it on a wrong operating system (windows xp)

If you are facing problem with the mouse. just select the line/arc press Ctrl+G you will get construction lines

As Demon440 said,you must hold down the right click button in order to bring up the menu. Just tried it and it worked (after much frustration clicking it normally).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back