Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/batch - Step to Pro/E and other ??’s

element

I have a large number of STEP files that I need to bring into Pro/E (WF2 m220) I have run the STEP import configuration that Pro/batch has - now this takes the STEP and imports it as a part - this is fine and works

HOWEVER If I import these files manually they will default to an assembly and come in as an assembly instead of a part. Each assembly follows the name of the STEP file and inside each resulting .asm file is an assembly call it asm001.asm that contains a number of parts as I would expect. Jumping in blindly I created a ttd file that seems to work bringing the STEP in as a assembly - but the first assembly comes in OK but the next and subsequent assemblies all have an assembly inside called asm001.asm that will over write the previously saved assembly - what configuration options can I use to append instead of replace or overwrite - so the next assembly creates asm002 then asm003 etc.
It has been a long day so I hope I have been clear - if not let me know and I'll try to be more specific...

S

I know I'm dragging up an old thread, but can anyone guide me through importing multiple step files into Pro/E using Pro/Batch (or any other method)?
Edited by: teller2010

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back