Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Printing to Network Printers/Plotters

rhokr

I have been trying to use pcf files to drive print output through 3 different printers on a network. Everything is working except for tray selection in 2 of the printers that have both "A" and "B" size paper. I consistently have everything print on "A" size paper instead of switching to the "B" size when that size is sent. I am using Wildfire2.0 M130, and the printers are: HP Laserjet 5si and Ricoh Aficio MP2000. I have read and tried most of the forum suggestions on this subject. Any help would be appreciated.

Make a .pcf file for each printer and just select the correct one when you want to print to a specific printer. I seem to remember .pcf files have trouble when you have multiple trays

The printer should do the deciding based on the file you send it. I would look into how the printers are configured through their front panel. I send A size file to our HP8000 & it automatically selects tray 2. I send B size & it picks tray 3.

Thank you all for the replys. I have looked into the printer settings and still had no success getting them to switch trays automatically. Spoke with a printer tech, and he suggested setting the printers with multiple driver files, each with different default settings and names. So I am in the process of doing that. I will let you know how that works.

Sorry. I should have said make a .pcf file for each printer and it's size. Example.

HP_asize.pcf
HP_bsize.pcf.

Then in each printer config file, set paper_size to either "a" or "b" (no quotes). In Pro/E just pick the correct config file when you want to print that size of paper.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back