Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Printing solid linetype instead of dashed

ROREAR

Hi Folks,

I have a small(big) problem when it comes to plotting. I havea drawing that has several holes located thru out, when I print my axis lines which I run together are not showing as dashed but as solid,it seems that are out of scale. My detail circles are printing as solid lines not dashed also. I have edited config.pro at the "use_software_linefonts" which helps for my hole patternsto show dashed line for dimensions however it didn't fix my other problem.Have any suggestions every linetype is solid? Please
smiley19.gif

check Drawing_units in config.dtl. We metric guys have problem in the default config.dtl as all the values are set to INCHES.

I dont know why PTC cannot ship an ISO / DIN standard config.dtl?

Perhaps some day...!!!

You should have created a seperate post. That would have helped others looking for a similar question to locate it in the search.

Look at the bottom and click on the "Printable Version" and then print to either printer or PDF. You can compile only one post.

Rorear,

I think the optiion you want to tweak is plot_linetype_scale; it is equivalent to lts in autocad.

Check for the following settings in config.dtl

detail_circle_line_style PHANTOMFONT_S_S

detail_circle_note_text DEFAULT
detail_view_circle ON

detail_view_boundary_type

drawing_units MM

axis_interior_clipping NO
axis_line_offset 2.000000
circle_axis_offset 3.000000

line_style_standard STD_ISO

Make sure you have interface_quality set to 3. Otherwise overlapping centerlines will not plot correctly.

I have the same problem, the centerlines plots as solids. I changed the plot scale in config and only change the hidding lines, the centerlines appears in a diferent scale than the .prt file. i have to zoom to see the separation between.

Thanks ProE masters!!!!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back