Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Printing/Format Conflict

MGunsK

Hello All,

I have an issue when printing. When I go to print a drawing the drawing format (size) is not defaulting to the correct format size.

For instance, if I have a D size drawing and try to print it the default sheet size is B size.

I have looked in both option settings and can't seem to find anything.

Both my format_setup_file and my drawing setup file are set to find my formats and .dtl file as shown below.

F:\ProE_Set_Up\FORMATS_WILDFIRE2\Active Drawing.dtl

Hello All,

With the help of PTC tech support and some internal investagation the issue has been resolved. Someone within our company has been making prints during the job routing process. When he would print he was saving the print configuration toB size. By doing this a (ms_print_mgr.pcf) file was created in the working directory.

Since the .pcf file was in the working directory that file was read first instead of the normal file in the main configuration file. Once the .pcf file was deleted in the working directory all is back to normal.

MGun K

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back