Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Principal stress and its angle at certain location of the model in pro mechanica

Hi,

I would like to analyse principal stresses and its angle. can someone tell me how can I do it easily. The problem is that I need a principal stress at 2 points in model surface I have tried with dynamic query and graphs it did not work

I cannot obtain the values at my desired location.

Thank you.

Create datum points in the locations that you want the query and then create principal stress measures at those locations.

prncpl_strss0.JPG
That will give you magnitude. You can also view magnitude and a visual direction from your results by creating a Vector display type result definition. Change the component to what kind of principal stress you desire. I also find that increasing the number of legend levels, using shaded vectors, and increasing the maximum length under the display options helps with the visibility.
prncpl_strss1.JPG
I hope that helps.

Hi,

Thank you so much for the reply... I have created the measure point but the study is not running. It shows me the error as integration mode something...

I think that is due to the point and the element nodes are not concurrent. Do you have any idea how to do different mesh size for a particular region of the beam.

Sorry, I didn't see your reply earlier. Depending on what version of simulate you are running, when you create a measure, you can define the measure to be within a certain radius of the point. Another method would be to create an AutoGEM control hard point at the location of the point. I'm using Creo 2.0. You can also create maximum element size, min edge distances, or disperse node points but those are more difficult to match the location of your point. These methods will also allow you to increase/decrease mesh size for a particular area. You may have to define curves, etc. beforehand to create the regions you desire.
measure.JPG

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back