Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pressure on certian area and general help

kots

Im trying to setup an anylysis onsome parts of a basic ball valve, however i cannot find if there is a way to setup a pressure load on only a certain area of a surface instead of the whole surface.

also the seats have springs behind them forcing them onto the ball however when i put springs in the mechganica sim constrained to points offset form the faces and restrained in all degrees, the analysis would fail saying ti was under constrained despite the seats being constrained in the all other directions so they can effectivly only slide as if in a virtual tube. i managed to setup one slioghtly diffrent analysis however when ever itried to view the results it said there was an engine failure and could not view any results.

Basicly whatim trying to achieve is investigating the stress on and around surface A and B (which are restrainedwhen the ball is subjected to a 10bar pressure form one direction EG direction the arrows are pointing o nthe right (hence the want to apply a pressure to a specified zone) and also have the springs effect taken into account.

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

ive only used mechanica for basic analysis on single components before hence my lack of knowledge

Break you surfaces / volumesup to have only the areas you want to use. In mechanica there you can define surface and volume regions.

With your constraint set... can you use symmetry? It sounds like you are under constraining, you need to hold your solids in all three translations some how keep trying.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back