Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Postprocessors: ??

rasul.ghulam

Salam and Hi

Can someone please guide me about what are postprocessors. Who writes these? What are their file formats? How can I write a postprecessor for my machine for use with Pro/NC?

The Post processers are written by the user. Inside pro-e there is a program that allows you to do this. A company called Austin-NC is in partnership with PTC to bring this option to you. I do suggest that you check out their web site at www.Austinnc.com at the very least. They aslo do offer training classes that I strongly suggest you take. Writing and customizing posts is a different animal altogether. You need to know Fil (factory interface language) and how to setup the Gpost options.

Good luck

Mark

A good place to start is with the GPost help files. Look in

<LOADPOINT>\html\usascii\proe\gpost

There are a number of help files to get you started. With GPost you can create your own Post Processors, which are files that translate Pro/E NC code to machine specific code.

Unless you are trying to machine or punch something on an actual machine, you probable don't need one. If you do, you may want to contact PTC for a certified reseller who can offer services for creating a post for you. I tried to make one for an old punch press we have and didn't have much luck.

Jim

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back