Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pointing to start up in intralink

boydt

Using I-link 3.4 and WF3.0. Fresh install. When launching Pro from within I-link I cannot get it to open up the correct config file. When starting Pro on it's own I know how to copy and paste the desired start up path into the Pro shortcut. Where do I set the path when using I-link?

Figured it out. Turns out I had 2 shortcuts to launch the proilink3.4.bat file .... One had the correct start up directory and the other had the bad one.... which I was using.

Next question. Where do you set the path for the .proi folder? This frustrates me cause I used to know and do you think I can remember? NO

Thanks

Assuming youare usingWindows, go to: Control Panel / System / Advanced tab / Environmental Variables button. Add a new User Variable -

Variable="PDM_LDB_PATH", Value=network or local drive path for the .proi folder (example: "C:\your_proe_workspace_location").

Note that this needs to be done for each user of that PC while they are logged in to Windows.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back