Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Point pattern.

saravanans_87

Hi allI am having a part with lot of holes, all of which are created using point pattern.Now, i need to delete the first hole of the first pattern which is the base for some 30+ holes.how i can remove that particular hole?

Edited by: saravanans_87

Which Pro/E releas do you use?

Aren't you just able do unselect the first element when you're editing the definition of the first pattern?
Or do then the other patterns fail?

Regards, DonChunior

Using WF5 M060.

If i pick the first whole (the whole i want to delete) & select delete. its asking me to delete all the remaining holes (which i want to stay).

DonChunior: In WF-4 it is not possible to unselect first hole of pattern.I don't know about WF-5, but it should be same.

For a workaround why not just do a protrution and fill that one hole in. Extra features but will get you what you want.

Convert the pattern to a table-driven pattern, then you can delete the first hole.

Otherwise, redefine the pattern so that the deleted hole is not the first one.

How about delete a different hole and then move that first point/hole tothe other location.Hope that made sense...

just select the cylindrical face of the hole you'd like
to fill, then goto edit menu and hit remove.
Edited by: solidworm

One other way (which I don't like) is to unpattern the pattern, then you can delete whatever you want. Makes it difficult to then modify though.

Right click on the pattern and select "unpattern". If it is a reference pattern, then you will have to unpattern the parent pattern.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back