Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Plotter not printing A0++ size

harichennai

Hi all,

My plotter here is OCETDS 400(9400) . and I work in 2001.

A strange behaviour, it could not plot A0 ++ size, only blank sheet comes out of the plotter. It could print all sizes except the largest which is A0++. The width of the sheet in the roll are all OK.

I can also print more than A0(in length)if i select by PLOT AREA, (But this method will not reflect true size),I could not achieve the same scale of the required size.

but if I use FULL PLOT, only empty print is generated.

The plotter dirver is Raster driver 3.2(OCE)

Any body faced similar problem?

Thanks in advance..

Have you tried setting the printer as generic postscript instead of a driver or thru MS printer manager?

That has helped me several times.

This is my .pcf file for a large format Kipstar printer (use to have a driver issue before switching to PS)

plotter postscript
button_name KipStar
delete_after_plotting yes
paper_size_allowed a1 a2 a3 a4
plot_scale plot 1
pen_table_file g:\prog\locappl\proe\prolib\plotters\pen_kip_laser.pnt
plot_file_dir c:\temp
plotter_command g:\prog\locappl\proe\prolib\plotters\plot6.bat

Yes, I didnt really understand if you are using a plotter configuration in Pro/E or using MS printer manager.
This Kipstar model couldnt operate thru MS because of a bug in the driver (creates extra lines).

Hi,

I use only plotter configuration in Pro/E and not MS printer manager.

The issue is strange that when given A0++ sixe, nothing is printed.

any directions?

will suing generic postscript solve this issue? how to do generic post script?

Thanks in advance..
Edited by: harichennai

The first question to ask yourself is does your plotter accept postscript input? Many do but frequently it is an extra cost option. If it won't handle postscript then you will need another solution.

We have the same plotter oce9400 model installed in our department. Its a great headache to us, it plots more trouble than drawings. One thing i've heard is that its not recommended by ptc. As on date we cannot give direct print from proe to oce. We have to make a plt file and then with the help of a software called "plot director" we plot them on OCE. Although we have an AMC and paying a huge amount we are not getting the desired support. The people form AMC themselves dont know much about it. Its been a great PITA for us. We are planning to scrap it and buy a hp plotter.
I would recommend you try to install "plot director", make a plt file using your custom paper size A0++ and cross your fingers. All the best

Regards,

Dr_Gallup,

It handles post script...

Muda,

Our system here is set in such a way that .plt is created and fed to the plotter.We have no trouble in that conversion so far.

I have found one more clue..

When given even in A0, the print is offset..so the problem now lies in the offset.

How to correctly determine how much of corrective offset I have to give , how can ProE tell whether the print is offset?

Thanks.

To offset the plot add this to your pcf file:
plot_translate 0.008 -1

Values in inches for X- and Y-translations. In my case Y-coordinate is always in the feed direction.

to generate a postscript plot instead of your driver add:
plotter postscript

Ankarl,

Thanks for that, what is that 0.008 -1 ? what magic number is that? :)

also i want to preview the print to check whether my corrective offset is working fine,

otherwise i have to make trial and error..

How can I find the X and Y of my plotter?

The numbers are just an example of how to write it in the file.
Units are Inches btw.

Perhaps you can use a viewer to check the result but I doubt that the translation will show up. Trial & error is how I did it.

This was also a case I could resolve with switching to postscipt output. Before that I couldnt offset the plot and part of the drw frame didnt print.

Oh my ..

The problem was just a dimension so far away from the main views, so the drawing is ver ybig, such that the plotter could not accomodate, and what I saw in the prints were the blank space between the far off dimension and main drawing..

now it is solved..

Ankarl, i got the flash idea from your statement

"Perhaps you can use a viewer to check the result "

I used product view to check the .plt, found the far off dimension...

Thanks for the idea, Ankarl....

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back