Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pinwheel Petal

mkzler

I am trying to figure out how the create a bend for something like a pinwheel "petal". The flat part is a right triangle with one of the acute corners bent back to the 90 degree corner. I want to bend the part in a form that looks similar to the curve I have sketched in the image below. Any ideas? Thanks. MikeView attachment 4921

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref"></div>

Is it possible to use a spinal blend in sheetmetal mode? I want to create this as a sheetmetal part so that I can flatten it at the end.

I actualyly managed to do it by using several different bends with different radii and bend angles. Not sure if this is the best way. I'm curious if anyone has other ideas.

View attachment 4923
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref"></div>

For sheetmetal I would create the part with an sheetmetal extrude. then unbend the entire part. Create the cut to give you the triangelar shape and then use the bend back feature

Thanks for the tip...that is a much more simple technique that will be easier to control and modify!< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref"></div>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back