Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pending Changes Exists (W.C. question)

SrGilberto

Hi,The last few change notices that I've done on some WTparts when I complete the tasks (review and approve), it appears to have completed the process, however now when I search on the parts in commonspace there is a small red rectangular symbol that says/indicates "Pending Change Exists".I need these completed so that Windchill will automatically change the state on these parts to "Released".If the item says "Pending Change Exists" how do you get this resolved?Help!(and thanks in advance).

I did another Change Notice but this time after I made all my associations I made sure to check the objects back into commonspace. As long as everything is in commonspace and then I do the Change Notice properly and the items automatically update to "Released" and I don't get the small red triangle symbol. So I know how to do it going forward, but with the previous Change Notices, how do you get rid of the little red triangle symbol for those that I've previously done. They still indicate "Pending Change Exists". Any suggestions? Thanks,

I found out how I could manually promote the objects to "Released", however, even after promoting them to "Released", the little red triangular symbol is still there indicating "Pending Change Exists". Any ideas? Thanks

Depending on exactly how the workflow is set up, you probably need to have the designated people approve the promotion request. Once the promotion request is approved with the defined process or approvals, it will be promoted to released.

Thanks, I promoted it to "Released" myself and so the state currently shows released. The only thing is the triangular symbol is still there. I haven't discovered yet what to do to remove that symbol. That symbol still indicates "Pending Change Exists". At least I now have revision 2 in released state. Thanks again for your comment.

Now, I've just noticed that when I search for the Change Notice (number: CN-0005642), its state shows/indicates "Implementation". I have other CN's shown on the screen that show/indicate "Released". So now I need to promote the CN from a state of "Implementation" to a state of "Released". How can I promote the CN from implementation to released? Any ideas? Thanks, g

Okay, Now I'm an expert on this. I've discovered that when you search for the Change Notice and you find it.Previously itwas in the "Implementation" state. I changed its "Life Cycle" to "Released". Now when I search for the part numbers, documents and change notices applicable to this design work they all show up in the "Released" state. And now the little red triangular symbol is gone. So I think, I've done what I need to do. Thanks for the comments, g

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back