Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PDMLink: Who and where has object?

ralexy

Where in PDMLink 9.1 can I find information who and where (in which Workspace) has downloaded object (has used "Add to Workspace")?

If someone else has the part checked out you get a red
check mark under 'General Status' - hover on this will show
you who has it checked out.

Own checkedout: Home tab -> overview, far down is a
'checked-out work'. Click the (i) button, on the info page
you can see what workspace you're in at the very top (One
line under the navigation line)

Can you run sql queries in the oracle db? Try this:

SELECT epmworkspace.NAME workspace_name,
epmdocument.statecheckoutinfo checkout_status, username.NAME user_name
FROM epmworkspace,
epmcheckpoint,
baselinemember,
epmdocument,
epmdocumentmaster,
wtuser username
WHERE ( (epmdocumentmaster.documentnumber = 'ENTER_CAD_DOCUMENT_NUMBER_HERE')
AND (epmworkspace.ida3l5 = epmcheckpoint.ida2a2)
AND (baselinemember.ida3a5 = epmcheckpoint.ida2a2)
AND (baselinemember.ida3b5 = epmdocument.ida2a2)
AND (epmdocument.ida3masterreference = epmdocumentmaster.ida2a2)
AND (epmworkspace.ida3m5 = username.ida2a2)

I use this query for the filename conflict, but maybe it can help you or at least get you started.

AaronMejia said:
Can you run sql queries in the oracle db?

"Aaron Mejia" -thank for reply, but I don't know if I can run it.
How can I test if I'm able to run sql queries?

Why do you need to know which user's workspace has a certain file? A little background into what you are trying to do may help us give you a better answer.

The SQL query is one method, but it is against the DB directly rather than through the PDMLink interface.

looslib said:
Why do you need to know which user's workspace has a certain file?

There is more reason for it. One is that we are suspecting that some users are doing espionage activity.

If you don't know, then you most likely can't run queries in the Oracle DB. One thing you can do is to use a client software to connect to the database. Some people over here prefer TOAD and you can download a demo from their website. I personally prefer SQL Developer, which is a free download from Oracle. You'll need the DB information to connect to it, normally the DB service name, the name of the server, an Oracle DB user id and its corresponding password.

By the way, unless you are using SQL Server from microsoft instead of Oracle, you'll need to install the Oracle client first, which is a large download from the Oracle website.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back