Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PDMLink Reports

servo313

I am curious ifthere is an easy way to have PDMLink create reports ofcertain actionsand email them on a weekly basis.

I would like to keep track of our library files and monitor who has checked out and checked back into the library. We use an engineer change process that is outside of PDMLink, and I want to make sure that the files that get modified by the engineers are consistent with the engineer changes for that given week.

I am also looking into means of locking files, such as drawing formats, start parts and othercommon filesso that they can only be edited by administrators, and general users cannot modify, change thier revisions, or make a copy of them.

Is there anyway that PDMLink can perform either of these tasks?

Thanks in advance.

Cant help you with the first but to prevent ordinary users from editing formats etc create a Library (call it say Formats) and use the Policy Administrator to deny all users (except for your admins) any access except for read and download.

Alternatively you can create a domain underneath an existing Library or Product and apply the same Policy rules to it then simply create a new folder which inherits its access rules from the new domain instead of the default one.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back