Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PDMLink - Part Configuration

Sudharshan123

Hi all,

Am new to PDMlink and I gone through parts and end parts from the training material I had. I understand CAD files need to be there if we need to change, update or revise etc. Its a 3D model and is necessary to provide all the product info and detailing info in drawing and all.

But where exactly the parts are used ? Parts and end parts are linked to the cad documents in PDMlink. Whats the exact reason for this. May be its too basic question but I would appriciate if someone let me know little bit depth in this.

part file (no extension file) is used link drawing and part.

you can export all of the drawing and parts file from PDMlink, but firstly these drawings must be linked to parts with part file(no extension file)

PDMLink parts are used for theBOM structure of an assembly. They connect to other parts and to end parts. End parts contain the CAD file being referenced. Parts also link the the viewable image of the end part, if you have that enabled.

You can restructure the BOM using the part files in PDMLink.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back