Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pattern Table in WF4

Indusign

Hello,
I have a very strange but oh so bad thing going on with pattern tables.
If I make a new part, and I want to make a cut-out, pattern this with a table, no problem.
If afterward I want to edit this pattern, I click "edit definition" on the pattern in the feature tree, then "edit" on the dashboard, nothing happens, it only says as comment "Select dimensions to add to the pattern table."
smiley7.gif

The pattern was made with 2 dimensions in the table.

The weird thing is that this did work properly until a few weeks ago.
Working on a 64-bit Z600 HP machine with 12Gb memory, proE WF4 date code 080.Anybody any idea to resolve this, as we use tables a lot to place holes for bolts.

I am unable to visualize what exactly is happening. However, please check the following...
  1. Ensure that the earlier selected dimensions are still valid
  2. Check whether you see the dimensions for editing when you "Double Click" on the pattern feature in the graphics window. You can edit the number of patterned item on the dimension shown.

I can again use all the functionality of the table patterns, but don't know what went wrong.
smiley18.gif

All the parts / assemblies of a specified sub-directory were giving trouble. Even when I made /edited a table pattern in another directory, and changed my working directory to that specific one, the tables just didn't open anymore.
Very strange as I never had any troubles with anything else in that directory.

Thanks anyway for the response.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back