Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

parts flipping in explode view

jti30666

I have encountered an issue were I have created an assembly where in the unexploded view the separate parts are oriented properly but when I explode the assembly a part will flip 180 deg...ie it rotates from me looking at the top of the part to the back of the part...how do I correct this

Exploded state saves view orientation also.
You need to save modified xploded view orientation.
Orient view as you need and rightclick ro save.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.... why does the part rotate 180 degrees when I explode the assembly...how do I stop this from happening...I need a detailed step by step explanation please on how to solve this problem..

If it is just one part then that is how it was defined in the exploded state. Edit the exploded state. Go to view, explode, edit position. in the window, pick reset button. pick your part and it will go back to it's original position. Then just modify the part to the new position you want.

Im not sure if it is different but i'm using WF5...I do not see or
cannot find a "reset button"....I can pick the single part and then
select un-explode part, thus moving only the selected part to its
unexploded state, however when I drag the part to the position I want it
at it will again automatically flip itself 180 degrees...wtf??

What I'm designing is a piston and piston rod with a simple crank...when
defining the placement of the piston I have to flip the axis
constraints in order for the piston to sit on the piston rod
correctly...

I'm at a loss,

Iwould make sure and manually constrain things to ensure the 'Allow Assumptions' option is not assuming the wrongorientation.

I know in family tables, if you have a negative tabulated dimension, it can sometimes reverse directions on you everytime you regenerate. I'm not sure if that's similar to what is going on here.

I found out what the problem was thru trial and error....

When creating the assembly and using the view manager to create the exploded state I used "default explode" which apparently has some issue with flipping random parts....

I then clicked "new" to define a new explode view and redefined the components movement....all is good

I read somewhere that if you use the default explode instead of creating a new explode that this problem arises frequently

view manager>>explode>>new

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back