Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Parts being saved...

DL_allainmfg

OK, I've got a problem I can not explain. It does not happen every time. However it happens, and its driving me nuts. I will try to explain this as plain as possible. I have a directory that contains nuts and bolts mapped in my search paths, inside is a part called weldon_nut_start.prt. I have another directory that I currently work in. Lately when I open assemblies with weldon_nut_start.prt start inside them, finish my work on other parts of the assembly, and save the assembly in my working directory, proE goes and saves the weldon_nut_start.prt in it's own directory as well.(sometimes in the working directory too). Why is this happening. I have washers in those the nuts and bolts directory and my assembly and they are not saved like that.

And as I said it does not happen every time.

But basically every once in awhile it screws us over, because we try to open assemblies with the weldon_start and they can't be found or they lost the're mates or something else. But when we delete the last versions in nuts and bolts, and we make 100% sure the working directory does not contain the weldon_nut_start.prt it woeks fine.

Thanks,
Denis

PS. I forgot to mention that weldon_nut_start.prt is a family table, I don't know if it changes anything.

Not sure what you are doing to cause the part to be saved but the following config.pro options will make sure that is doesn't get saved in your working directory.

override_store_back no
save_object_in_current no

All our computers are already set with those by default...

Would there be a way to lock those parts so that no more revisions can be accepted?
I tried locking up the nuts and bolts folder from the server to be read only, but when I go to save my assembly in the working directory it gives me a save error.

Edited by: DL_allainmfg

I'd have to make sure, but I'm pretty sure there are a few reps part of that assembly.

EDIT: YES I HAVE REPS, WOULD THIS BE A FACTOR IN THE WHOLE EQUATIONS.

Edited by: DL_allainmfg

hmm..., difficult to say, but for me it sounds like a problem with your paths. Be sure that your seach_path_file doesn

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back