Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Partial Sectioning in Drawing Mode

vmuro

<BLOCKQUOTE ="postcontent restore">

Hi all,

I am a newbie to SolidWorks and would like to know if there is any way to either 'section' or 'hide' only some components in a drawing view of an assembly. I am working on a model of a tube inside another tube held via clamps on each end. On the drawing view, I want to show the left half of the model with the clamp & outer tube showing, and on the right side of the model I want to hide the clamp & outer tube to reveal what is underneath it.

If hiding isn't possible, can I section ONLY the right half and ONLY the clamp & outer tube to reveal what is inside?

I have attached a JPEG (in the .RAR folder) of what I would like to see on the drawing. I did this in paint by taking screenshots and pasting them side by side...

Thanks in advance, your help is greatly appreciated.
-VM

2010-12-02_123654_SolidWork_Help.rar</BLOCKQUOTE>
Edited by: vmuro

1) In the drawing, if you right-click a component (in the view or in the tree manager) you'll see the option for "hide".

2) When you section an assembly SW ask about what component(s) you wish (or not) to section. Read carefuly what SW write for you. Not click-click-click....

3) For some reasons I think that the best way to complete your task is to make a new configuration for your assembly, CUT in that configuration what you want, HIDE what you want then make a drawing. Later will be easier for you to modify the assembly instead the drawing.

Good luck !

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back