Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Part suppressed once it’s made flexible?

tjallen29

Hi everyone,

I am using WF 2.0 (M250), andI have a part (a retaining ring to be exact) that is already inserted into an assembly, and nowI needto make it flexible. Defining the flexibility works out fine, but when I click OK, the part is shown as suppressed in the model tree and when I resume it I get a warning: "Resuming instance features has only temporary effect."

I'll click OK, the part is show in it's flexible state as intended, I save the assembly and am prompted to "verify" the assembly, to which I will select "Verify Now", the assembly will save, and when re-opening the assembly the retaining ring is suppressed once again.

Does anyone know how or why this happens, and if there is a way to keep this part shown at all times?

Thanks for the help.
Edited by: tjallen29

It sounds like your assembly is an instance of a generic assembly. Yo need to open the generic & change the status of the component in the family table.

Thatdid it! Thanks!

...love your signature by the way. I may justmake thatinto a T-shirt..
smiley36.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back