Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Parametrically update of curve

davisdony

Hi guys,

once I draw some curvethen how to edit it in part model

what I mean is not simply double clicking on the curve and editingthe dimension.

but to drag the profile using the mouse to an approximate shape in the part model after editing it

Double click on the curve, then just drag it with your left mousebutton.

If your dimensions is "locked" then it wont work..bur otherwise it will..

//Tobias

You can drag and modify only the sketched curves and not other types of curves created by intersection or projection on to a surface or passing through some points etc. As long as the constriants in the sketch are met while dragging, this type of modification works.

btw. if you want to manipulate a spline , using "edit", then you can do your sketch as follows :

(in other words , add some constructionlines, and then when "edit" , drag the construction lines instead, and your spline will update)

//Tobias
Edited by: tobbo

I build almost all my geometry with a robust set of curves that can be redefined at a later time or parametricly modifed to prove form.

tobbo said:
btw. if you want to manipulate a spline , using "edit", then you can do your sketch as follows :

(in other words , add some constructionlines, and then when "edit" , drag the construction lines instead, and your spline will update)

//Tobias

Sweet tip. Thanks
smiley10.gif

Does anybody know if there is a way to do what you show in that image with just a 2 point spline? I.E. Have the construction line coincident on the spline instead of the spline point or does it not really matter?

Edited by: jsantangelo

You can do the same thing with a 2 point spline, just ignore the "middle construction line" .

And, you can try to constrain the ("2 middle") cv.s to a construction line and "edit the spline " that way.

//Tobias

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back