Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Parameters...where do they store?

DesignBoy

I am looking to creating a new parameter setup for my parts, assy's and drawings. Where do I start for this?

Can I make a generic parameter setup for my various customers and their drawings?

Is there a generic drawing format available along with a parameter setup?

Thanks, Rob

Create start parts (templates) & assemblies, create the parameters in them. You can have as many different ones as you like. When you create a new part or assembly choose the appropriate one. Or if you want, create a customer specific config.pro which sets the default template so you will get the correct one by default. There are default drawing formats in load_point/formats but you pretty much have to do these your self since every company wants their own logo etc.

I had to use the manual method myself. Created a format with all of the tables, title block etc. that my company has been using. Used repeat regions to pull parameters in to the drawings. The designer has to introduce the weight and description parameters, which are then pulled into the drawings.

You'll want to put your formats in a convenient location. If you set the pro_format_dir configuration option to your format's location(Tools - Options - type pro_format_dir under Option, and your format's file path under Value), the user will then be prompted to choose your custom format when they start a new drawing.

There's a bunch of info here...

[url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33 385[/url]

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back