Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

parameters and layouts

wsylvester

How does one pass the parameter values of a declared layout into atable of a assembly/part drawing?

They show in the model tree and under info > realtions and parameters and will drive dimensions, but I don't seem to be able to place them in a drawing table

Do i have to assign them to new parameters at assembly and part level by relations in order to place them in a drawing table? or is there some syntax that i am missing ?

Thanks

Only way to show parameters from layout in drawing is to like you said create new parameters in asm and part level by relations (in those part or asm from which you are doing assembly), there is no other way (I must admit that this is a loose of time, why is not simply possible to show parameters from layout or from parts in drawing).
Essential is that those new parameters are in relations (even if you create new parameter in part and it isn't using in relations it wont work).

Hope it helps

Isair,

I was hoping there was another way other than having reassign the layout values by additional relations in asm/part.

Thanks and have good holiday.

Thanks and to you good holidays!
smiley1.gif

Unfortunately in new versions of proe this thing also wouldn't be possible, and I don't think that guys from PTC will ever make this possible
smiley19.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back