Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Parameter Drop down

Joei24

Hello

Is there any way to set up a start part with a parameter drop down list?

A selection list that is programmed into the start part or any other way to do this?

Thanks

Joe

A work around:

I have made a mapkey for eache parameter value, which sets this value into a Parameter. This works only, if the parameters allways have the same sequence in the parameter list.

Then Iintegrated these mapkeys into a new pull down menu.

It's a lot of work, but if many users can use it, it's worth.

Kurt

ModelCheck is part of most Pro/E seats these days as part of the Foundation Advantage package. It can be configured to give you a list of choices to fill in parameter values. Even more, you can give it acceptable formats (number of characters, letters vs. numbers, etc.) for other string parameters.

ModelCheck does take a bit of time to configure all the different files in Wildfire and earlier releases, but I have heard there is a GUI to set it up in Wildfire 2.0.

Good luck,

Mark

Joe,

Do you know that if you "Designate" parameters (check off in column of new_parameter_ui) and have them created in your start part, that when you create a new part, uncheck "use default template" you will getyour list of parameters that can be filled in initially?

Jesse

View attachment 508

Joe,

I also forgot to mention the config option "new_parameter_ui" (and new_relations_ui) was/is available in 2001, but default is set to no. In wildfire1.0 and 2.0 its default is set to yes.

If you use "Use default template" a new part is created using the start part specified with config.pro option template_solidpart. After creating a part, you can edit your parameter values in the new interface and as you hit enter, it will drop you down to the next parameter value field.

Jesse

Hello jesse

Thanks for the post, I know that you can have the list show up, what I need is to control how the list is filled out.

Example: We need consistancy so I want a drop down that lists the materials(such as Brass, Aluminum, etc). I dont want an engineer to be able to write in their own material.

Joe

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back