Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Order or Download Software Updates

dr_gallup

Anybody been able to use this page on PTC's site this week? I've been trying to order WF 4 M040 bit the page never finishes loading. I tried using 2 different browsers & both from work & home so I'm pretty sure it's not a problem on my end.

Yea I was having the same problem yesterday. The initial download page took forever to come up and once it did I downloaded 2 CD's but they quit at 75%.

I logged a call with PTC & the tech placed the order for me but I never was able to get through to him that they have a problem on their end!

I have use it to log call and track calls and confug licenses. I did have some problems to logon from my laptop, but from another pc it was working. Next day I was able to logon

I had to recieve license packs last week, and the website was down intermittently, giving me "Apache server la de da..." message. When I phoned for the packs, I asked about the site being down and they said it had been problematic all week. That was last week.

The update advisor has been offline for about 9 months. It was supposed to be summer 08. They have 4 weekstill fall! I for one am suspicous of the removal of that web feature. It is my hunch that PTC has taken it down for a reasons other than "improving" it. We PTC customers relied heavy on it,but I suspect competors accessed it to show their potential customers all the spr's.

I am curious if SW and SE give access to customers to see all existing bugs.

I just went the Pro/E order & download page & it loaded completely in about 5 seconds which is fast for that page as there are about 100 variations of Pro/E available. So they have fixed their page as nothing has changed on my end.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back