Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Openings in Pro/TOOLKIT

miky

How is the requirement of Pro/TOOLKIT developer in Canada?

I am looking for job in Pro/TOOLKIT in Canada, but did not find any suitable opening..

If anyone have the idea, please guide.

Thanks

Miky

I would imagine there are not many job postings for toolkit programmers. 95% of companies (in my opinion) have no idea that power that lies in toolkit. Perhaps you could interview for engineering jobs that specify the use of Pro/E. And then in the interview make your pitch about toolkit, what it can accomplish, and that you consider it your most valuable skill. Tell them what it brings to the table.
Edited by: FishNut

I agree.
"Even I have seen people work with pro-E wrong way and still they think they are using it proper way..but actually they don't know what is right thing or they don't know the real power of software!"

I am one of those people who do not yet understand what Pro-Toolkit can do and have been having trouble finding out. What is the best way I can start learning about what the practical capabilities of Pro-Toolkit are so I can decide if it would help my company and is worth pursing?

I first want to see the big picture of what ProToolkit can do but have looked and not found this answer yet. If you can shed some light on this I would be very appreciative!

Thank you!

Introduction of Pro/TOOLKIT from PTC Documentation-

Pro/TOOLKIT is the customization toolkit for Pro/ENGINEER from Parametric Technology Corporation (PTC). It gives customers and third-parties the ability to expand Pro/ENGINEER capabilities by writing C programming language code and then seamlessly integrating the resulting application into Pro/ENGINEER.
Pro/TOOLKIT provides a large library of C functions to provide the external application safe and controlled access to the Pro/ENGINEER database and applications. Pro/TOOLKIT is the primary PTC application programmer's interface (API) for Pro/ENGINEER.

Using these API library custom application can be created to automate design and manufacturing processes.This automation can help in reducing design/manufacturing cycle time.

Pro/TOOLKIT is very powerful tool. For example if you want to take plot of some drwing which has specific parameter and you have thousands of drawing, then it is practiacally impossible to open thousand drawing chek, paramater and then plot it. Instaed, write a program open drwing in memory ( no graphics) traveres through parameter using program, and if found then plot only that drawing and skip others..

Likewise there are many applications we can build..

btw, thanks all for your information,

Miky

Hi all
Create a new program or plugin to make a richer CAD/CAM experience using its Software Development Kit or User API.
With a high level of experience in machining and mathematics, can produce custom apps to fit inside of your program of choice.
<H3 style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.5em; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANS: none; : rgb(249,249,249); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; LETTER-SPACING: normal; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.5em; FONT: bolder 1em Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; COLOR: rgb(153,0,0); WORD-SPACING: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0.5em; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">Examples</H3>
<UL style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.5em; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANS: none; : rgb(249,249,249); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; LETTER-SPACING: normal; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.5em; FONT: 11px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); WORD-SPACING: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0.5em; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px" =x-small>
<LI style="LIST-STYLE-: inside; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; LIST-STYLE-: disc; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">CAD/CAM Productivity tools</LI>
<LI style="LIST-STYLE-: inside; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; LIST-STYLE-: disc; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">CAD/CAM Visualization tools</LI>
<LI style="LIST-STYLE-: inside; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; LIST-STYLE-: disc; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">5+ axis capability for mill, laser, water jet, flame, plasma, lathe and wire-EDM systems</LI>
<LI style="LIST-STYLE-: inside; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; LIST-STYLE-: disc; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">Translators</LI>
<LI style="LIST-STYLE-: inside; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; LIST-STYLE-: disc; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">Converters between various formats.</LI>
<LI style="LIST-STYLE-: inside; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; LIST-STYLE-: disc; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">Integration between CAD software and smooth transition data</LI>
<LI style="LIST-STYLE-: inside; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; LIST-STYLE-: disc; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">PDM processes</LI>[/list]
<UL style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.5em; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANS: none; : rgb(249,249,249); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; LETTER-SPACING: normal; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.5em; FONT: 11px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); WORD-SPACING: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0.5em; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px" =x-small>see more : http://camnet-site.com/services/CustomSolutions.html[/list]

Thank you for the explanations. Does anyone know of any good links to examples with pictures of what can be done. Ideally a video/presentation would be very helpful.

Thanks for your input so far.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back