Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Opening Assembly very slow (WF4)

Zestje

Hi,

We recently moved from WF2 to WF4 M060 end now we have the problem on several (all?) PCs that when opening a (large) assembly it somtimes takes more than 5 minutes to open it and sometimes it just opens as it did in WF2 in about 0,5 minutes.

Using ProE standalone or with Intralink enabled makes no difference.

I have no clue what the cause could be can't find anything about this in PTC support.
Does anyone have a clue what the cause could be?
smiley5.gif

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

I have the same problem. I am looking for this solution. If I resolve that, i will say you. :)

If the long opening time only happens the first time you open a WF2 assembly in WF4, I would say that it is converting it from 2 to 4. After that it should open much quicker.

Hi,

I tried opening and regenerating the assembly in WF4, then saving it.
Aften reopening ProE it still takes ages to open it.

I also saved a copy of the assembly, forcing all parts te be saved in WF4 format, but that also didn't help.

So I don't think the data (versions) are the problem, but ProE WF4 itself.

Hello,

We had same problem :

1. It could be antivirus problem. ( make new file or assembly on local disk, if you have same problem it is not antivirus )
2. We changed from windows server to linux and the problem was gone

Hello,

I just tried disabling the antivirus, but without effect.
Unfortunately I can't change the server here...

I Hope PTC will find a solution for this...
smiley5.gif

Or does anyone else have a suggestion?

Thank you all for your help.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back