Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Opening an Assembly

timjr

Does anyone know why I would be able to preview an assembly, but when I actually go to open it, I get kicked out of Pro? I am using WF2 date code M130.

Thanks,

Tim

There might be several things
First of all M130 is very unstable build, try to switch to M180
Second it might be because your asm is to big; exceed memory limit, try to watch in Prompt area if it is this error: Memory Error
Also maybe some component is unstable or in some feature there is error.

If you could provide us more info about your asm, then we could get you more specific answer.

Like Isair says, it sounds like a memory error due to the size of the assembly. If you are trying to load the master rep, the memory limit is reached and Pro crashes.

First thing is to shutdown your machine to clear the memory. Try loading a small simplified rep or create one using the open rep option in the file open dialog box. Once you have that loaded, if you use Intralink you can exit out of that to save memory. We had to battle this problem for quite awhile until we got 64-bit machines. Now it's smooth sailing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back