Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

open igs ,xt , step

raisa

hi

i am working pro-e wf2. Often i open file Solidworks , Parasolid and add a new elements to model

Sometimes after opened file ,surfaces of model not closed , and i cannot to do cut

For closing surfaces i am using Round ,Merge surfaces and Solidfly

If your have others version .I am glad to learn

Try exporting to STEP. Here are some suggestions from the ProSTEP website:

<div ="tx-stepsyscombi-pi1">

<h1>
<acronym title="Standard for the Exchange of Product Model "></acronym></h1><h1><acronym title="Standard for the Exchange of Product Model ">STEP</acronym> AP214 Data Exchange</h1>

SolidWorks >> Pro/ENGINEER

The following settings are recommended up to SolidWorks 2008 and Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4
<div ="tx-stepsyscombi-pi1-content">
<div ="tx-stepsyscombi-pi1-menu">
<div ="tx-stepsyscombi-pi1-nav">
SolidWorks - System
</div>

<div ="tx-stepsyscombi-pi1-arrow">
arrow.gif
</div>

SolidWorks - <acronym title="Standard for the Exchange of Product Model ">STEP</acronym> Preprocessor
</div>

arrow.gif
</div>

<acronym title="Standard for the Exchange of Product Model ">STEP</acronym> File
</div>

arrow.gif
</div>

<div ="tx-stepsyscombi-pi1-nav MActive">
Pro/ENGINEER - <acronym title="Standard for the Exchange of Product Model ">STEP</acronym> Postprocessor
</div>

arrow.gif
</div>

Pro/ENGINEER - System
</div>
</div>
<h2>Pro/ENGINEER - <acronym title="Standard for the Exchange of Product Model ">STEP</acronym> Postprocessor</h2>
<ul>[*]Some <acronym title="Standard for the Exchange of Product Model ">STEP</acronym> specific settings can be added to the configuration file config.pro:<ul>[*]With Tools -> Options... you can add the below mentioned settings in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0.[*]With Utilities -> Options... you can add the below mentioned settings in Pro/ENGINEER 2001.[*]With Utilities -> Preferences... you can add the below mentioned settings in Pro/ENGINEER 2000i

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back