Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Open assembly having missing external references

milindb

I am trying to open a assembly file which was created using external references.Now those reference files are missing and while opening that file dialog box appears to select missing reference files.

I would like is there any config setting , setting which will allow me to suppress add missing reference dialog.

Thanks

It depends on the type of external references they are. You may be able to redefine and make it independent. If it's required for feature regeneration or component placement, you will need to redefine the references to local references.

Or, get the external references. There is a config setting to determine the level of external references to allow when creating them. You can configure it to not allow any external references.

Like srieger said, you can redefine and make it independent. Otherwise if u dont want to make it independent, just find that external reference and add that to your workspace. it may be fix your Issue.

And i dont think we can solve this issue by any config setting...

-Kuru.

You will have to search for these files every time you open the assembly. There are 2 options to help. One is to spend money and buy Windchill. The other that I have done in the past is to create a config.pro file in that directory with search paths to the other directories of the missing components and load that config.pro file before opening the assembly. I normally rename that config.pro file to "assembly name".pro The only problem with this is that you will have a bunch of config files hanging around but you will not have to "find" your files anymore.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back