Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Open ’.stp’ in Pro/E

Yes.
smiley17.gif
I couldn't resist.

Use File/Open and under the Type drop-down select All Files (*). Then navigate to your file. Or you can drag/drop the file into ProE.

<tg>
Edited by: telecomguy

So I woke up with a goofy sense of humor today. Sorry about that. Did you see my edit above? Have a great day!

<tg>

As i know, some proE doesn't included *.stp feature.....wat u need to do is add-in the STEP feature.

but the problem is, i don't know how to add-in...
smiley9.gif

taiheng said:
As i know, some proE doesn't included *.stp feature.....wat u need to do is add-in the STEP feature.

but the problem is, i don't know how to add-in...
smiley9.gif
WRONG Pro/E has supported STEP for years and years.

You needthe properlicenseto open STEP files in Pro/E. It's called Pro/INTF_for_STEP. Check under Help - Technical Support Info and see if you have it. It can be attached to your Pro/E license, floating or you might not have it. If you don't have it you won't see ".stp" files listed when you do a file open. I'm assuming that's what you mean when you say the "add-in".

bruppert said:
You needthe properlicenseto open STEP files in Pro/E. It's called Pro/INTF_for_STEP. Check under Help - Technical Support Info and see if you have it. It can be attached to your Pro/E license, floating or you might not have it. If you don't have it you won't see ".stp" files listed when you do a file open. I'm assuming that's what you mean when you say the "add-in".

yes, this is wat i mean...thank! Sound the *.stp is related to license
smiley9.gif

I've faced this problem before in my company...".stp" files no listed wheni try to opened aSTEPfile.

I know pro/e supported *.stp file for a long time, just don't know it related to license actually...again, thank mate!

If the STEP option is listed in Open File dialog, then it might be a file name problem. I am pretty sure that Pro/E for some reason doesn't like spaces in the filename of STEP files. If the filenames contain spaces, try renaming them in Windows Explorer and removing the spaces or replacing them with underscores or whatever.

I don't think it has been possible to buy a license without STEP support for a long time. Anybody with a Foundation license has STEP. ALL file imports (IGES, DWG, DXF, etc.) have to conform to the Pro/E nameing convention including STEP files. That means no special caracters, no spaces and only 31 caracters before the dot(.).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back