Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Old models want to check in into pdm-link

Trigonometric-1

Hi,

Im experiencing problems with my pro/e WF5 assembly in conjunction with pdm-link. When I've used a model which I later on removed, the top asm wants the unused model to be checked in. It is like if you cannot remove a model once inserted.

How can I clear unused models from my model and my workspace completely?

Thanks in advance,

T

There are a lot of variables that can affect this.

1. Is it a family table part?

2. Are there any references in the assembly to the original part that was removed?

3. Does the part still show up in the reference viewer for the assembly?

4. Is there a reference to the original part that some other part may be using?

The trick is to be sure all references to the part are gone.

as srieger said, there's probably some reference to that assembly in another file.

i had an issue once where a drawing kept pulling a totally unrelated part out of the database. I couldn't figured it out. finally, I dug around and found that there was a second model attached to the drawing. no views or other information from this second model was in drawing but because the model was still assigned to the drawing, the database would always bring it along. once I deleted that model from the drawing, all was good in world, or at least as good as pro-e ever allows things to be given all the other frustrations and it provides us............

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back