Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Offset Load Application in Mechanica

IanDF

Hello all,

I'm new to Mechanica having just completed the PTC training course and I'm hoping to get some advice about a smarter way of appling a loading that is offset from the geometry of the component to be anaylised.

In my first analysis Ihave had to apply a load representing the gravity load at C of Gof a part that is assembled to my analysed component (picture below). I have applied these loads to the 4 mounting holes in the analysed componentafter first working out the individual loads & directions with a free body diagram. There must be a smarter way of doing this.

Maybe a point load at the Cof G that is somehow connected to the mounting holes?

All advice appreciated.

Regards

Ian Fuller

View attachment 2034

very simple, apply equivalent load and moment.

Another solution is open your assembly in mechanism mode and after running static analysis click on mechanism--> use in Structure

Now open the part under study in mechanica and those loads will have been converted in equivalent load and moment.

Israr

you can also use total load at point (TLAP)

Just put in a datum point at the cg of the part. Then apply a surface load to the bolt hole surfaces. There should be amenu that says total load. Drop down this menu and check total load at point. Click the datum point when prompted and your good to go. The proper loads & moments will be transferred to the bolt holes.

goodbye FBD's

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back