Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

odd revolve error

2ms1

I have a part that has always worked (was regenerated
million times before while in big assembly) but then one
day failed during assembly regeneration, and now the
part will not work no matter what I try.

The thing that breaks is a revolve. I haven't so much
as opened the part file in months, so certainly
everything's the same as when it worked before, but
suddenly now when I open it up it the revolve fails. The error is "Could not intersect part with feature".

How does this kind of thing happen? I have fiddled with
the accuracy in some other parts in the assembly to get
merges to work. I guess there's some chance I messed
with accuracy on the assembly level too although it's
hard for me to imagine why I would have done that.
...Just an idea of something that might be related.

Hi Tuomas

icture would say more than thousand words so introduce one.

Seems You have right - accuracy problem, which finaly ends up as geom check

What I would do if I were You, I just change the dims to make the revolve works, regenerate the model, and then try to come back to start values.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. However within big model(high feats count) it is smarter to heal feature whatever is needed instead of deleting it a introducing a mess in model tree.

One issue that I've had with revolves in the past is that when the revolve starts or ends on a tangent line it would fail. The fix for that was to change the sketching plane. I just used the plane that was normal to existing plane most of the time.

Or if it is a carry over feature from an older version of Pro, it might make since to recreate the feature. Just save off the sketch and import it back into the new revolve feature.
Edited by: audctrl

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back