Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Odd Intralink window behavior

jstiles

I'm running dual monitors with an nVidia card, nView, and using Intralink 3.4. The various pop-up windows (Modify, Check-in, etc)associated with Intralink bahave in an odd manner. When I have the Workspace window on the main monitor, the pop-ups open to their previous size (let's say 800x600) but when I have the Workspace window on my second monitor, the pop-ups open at a narrow width but with the previous height (let's say 100x600). I can move the Workspace window back and forth between the monitors and the problem will only appear on the second monitor even during the same Intralink session. Both monitors are 19" and are at the same resolution and running on VGA.

Any thoughts/help is appreciated.

That's standard Pro(?) E behavior. I don't know if they have improved it in newer versions but with intralink 3.4 it does not know how to behave with dual monitors. Keep it based in monitor 1 then drag to monitor 2 but always make sure you close and open in monitor 1 or just get used to dragging it back to full size!

By the way crashing 12 times a day when working on large cabled assemblies, waiting ten minutes for a heavily cabled 10 sheet drawing to open up, and having to wait while Pro re-renders a view in a drawing just because you renamed it is also standard Pro 2. WF and IL 3.4 behavior, as well. I am trying to be positive about Pro but after having used SolidWorks for eight years and then switching to Pro for the past two, I have to really ask the question - what's the benefit??? So far I have not found a single thing that I could not do quicker and with equal accuracy in SW including running cables. The only real benefit right now I am getting is the ability to directly import interconnections (kind of!) but the time that it is costing me in Pro's clunky behavior and idiosyncratic behavior is causing several hours of lost productivity a day!!!!! That does not seem like a benefit to me - how about you?

PS - Yes, I also have done all the back door fixes and changes in my options files, simplified reps, simplified drawing reps and all this is giving me about ten percent of the time I could get from the fact that Solidworks just plain behaves better and has a more logical workflow.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back