Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Not reading Master.dtl file

brchapman

I am having trouble getting Pro to read the Master.DTL file. I have the path correctly identified in the Config.SUP file, but pro is not reading it. The syntax is correct. Not sure where else to look. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

It'll only read a new dtl file for new drawings. Existing drawings will keep their own internal dtl settings.

OK. I figured it out. I have created templates, and since the templates are drawing files they will not read in the master.dtl file. I had to pull them all up and manually read in the new Master.dtl file and then save them back out to common space. Since I always use a drawing template for new drawings, I will have to manually read in the master.dtl file any time I make a change. Kind of stinks but its just the way is.

Yeah, I wish the templates were smarter in that way. I understand why it's that way, but I don't care. It's a template, not a drawing, it shouldn't act like a drawing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back