Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Nonlinear Traj. Helical Sweep

dcp2387

I'm trying to figure out how to create a helical sweep on a trajectory that is not a straight line. For instance, make a twisted pair of wires on anquestion markshaped path. Is there an (easy) way to do this?Toroidal Bendmaybe?

I am trying helical sweep without straigth line.For example I want to bend end of the wire.But I can not use bend option of warp tool properly.There is a easy way to achieve that.

Thanks all.

I want the helical sweep to continue along the curve trajectory, not just a helix and then a hook of straight material. Design-Engine, you mentioned trajpar and graphs, I heard of them but never actually been able to make them work. Can you give me some pointers or maybe an example part for reference?

Is this what you are trying to do? if so , i can upload the part...its very easy , i modell all my springs this way, i got much more control of every parameter than using helical sweep

And in this case, No need for a graph feature.

I Just Use 3 VSS instead of helicalsweep!

//tobias

sure !!
smiley1.gif

(Dont forget to hide the first vss and the sketch.)

Note , In the first VSS , there is a sketchrelation:

sd12=trajpar*360*15

sd12 is the angle of the "line" that sweeps thru the spline (sketch1) and 15 is the "number of revolutions"

As i mentioned before, ioften do my springs this way, almost never whit helicalsweep.

//Tobbo

2008-08-08_063253_wire.prt.rar

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Tobo. Could you upload that in a WF3 version filethough so I can take a look at it?

Thanks

Hmm...its was a WF3 version that i uploaded in my last post!!
smiley5.gif

(its a ".rar"file because i dont have winzip on this computer)

try again, if it doesnt work, pm me whit your email and i will send it to you!!

//Tobbo
Edited by: tobbo

Hi....

I am replying very old post...Hope somone will help me....

How to create Left hand trajectory in this case?

proe1 said:
How to create Left hand trajectory in this case?

Right handed: sd6=360*X*trajpar

where X is the number of rounds you want

Left handed: sd6=360*x*(1-trajpar)

Let me know if it works for you

Paolo

yepp zpaolo!! , or you could simply draw your revolving Vss line (the one that you will use a relation to get the revolvning surface) "under" the horisontal line instead of above, and thenyou set the angleand write the relation and so on......well, just use the relation mentioned before and you geta left hand spring.

//Tobias

Edited by: tobbo

tobbo said:
yepp zpaolo!! , or you could simply draw your revolving Vss line (the one that you will use a relation to get the revolvning surface) "under" the horisontal line instead of above

Or, you can mirror the VSS :D (works only for straight center curves of course)

Tried and tried !! It worked "Mirrored the VSS"

Many Thanks toboth of you for this great help !!

Mcad central members never said me NO....

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back