Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

no bom balloons on expl. view? & recursiv

tiaj

I have 2 questions:

1. I cannot get BOM table balloons to show on an exploded view. I did some searching on here and web and it seems that this is supposed to be possible (I know it is done on SolidWorks, which I use as well), but it says it is not a valid view. I have my repeat regions all set and can get the balloons on other views. Any ideas? Using WF 5.0

2. I cannot get my BOM table to show recursive or indented OR to even show sub ass'y. If you look here: http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_27/howto/dwt_attr/dwt_attr.htm and go to fig.4 it is exactly when I try to make a region recursive the option is grayed out, only flat shows - I must be missing a step but cannot figure it out!
see this:

View attachment 5087

Edited by: tiaj

ok - here's some more info - I just tried using this exact same table on an ass'y drawing in WF4 - and it worked just fine!!! It is either a bug or a setting. HELP!

For 1) itsounds to me that youhave more than one model or representation associated with thedrawing. Are you selecting the correct region and view?
Edited by: kdem

For 2) Recursive isselectable and Flat is notif the region has been set to Flat under Attributes. Flat is selectable and Recursive is not if the region has been set to Recursive under Attributes.

kdem said:
For 2) Recursive isselectable and Flat is notif the region has been set to Flat under Attributes. Flat is selectable and Recursive is not if the region has been set to Recursive under Attributes.
I ended up calling support b/c no combination of attributes was working and I got the exact same table to work just fine in WF4. He took it as a bug. I am one date code behind (not that this should do it) and will install tonight to see if it makes a diff. For now will do both balloons and table by hand.

kdem said:
For 1) itsounds to me that youhave more than one model or representation associated with thedrawing. Are you selecting the correct region and view?

only one assembly. only one region. :(

No, I didn't have any problems with the datecode I'm using which is M070. I only asked about the datecode because I've heard of people having various problems in M060 that don't appear in earlier and later datecodes.

kdem said:
No, I didn't have any problems with the datecode I'm using which is M070. I only asked about the datecode because I've heard of people having various problems in M060 that don't appear in earlier and later datecodes.

when you said M070 I was surprised since I only found M060 to be the latest. So I went back and found M080 under Creo Elements/ProE 5.0 which is listed farther down from WF5.0

moz-screenshot-1.png

Do you have multiple reps? Sounds to me like the repeat region is not configured for the rep or assembly represented in the view.

Hi - I ended up getting it to work.

I have another question for you, though - can you get a column to word wrap OR to change the width of a single row in a BOM table? I have one long description that is forcing a column to be really wide. I went into parameters but only see where I can control the width of the columns in there but not row. I also cannot change it like in a regular table. SO time consuming :-/

No. What people will do in that case is split the description into multiple parameter lines so the text fits the cell.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back