Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Neutral format

mcalinden

I have recieved some prt files to edit but are in neutral format and to me seem useless if I want to edit and modify . What are my options ?

Should I ask for them to been saved in another format ( at this time do not know what app they were saved from ) to import into WF5 ?

Is there something I can do with the this dumb file to enable me to see the family tree and features ?

All help appreciated

Thnx

If it's a dumb file the inteligence is removed when the dumb file is created. So the intelligence is not in the file.

When you use for example a STEP file there should be some more intelligence in it.

So is the only solution is to get the the full prt file with all fatures /geometry.

Will no other format do the job ??

Neutral files are used to transfer data between versions.
Say a file created in WF5 can then be read into WF4 without
any data loss.
To add intelligence to it, one must create it along with
Parameters. That is the maximum intelligence one can
assign. For any further intelligence, you may use the
"Feature Recognition Tool" free download from PTC.com.
However you should have the config option frt_enabled to
"yes".

Thnx for that bit of info Sirni

Apperantly the fearure recognition is already in WF5 you just have to enable frt in the config options ( just read up )

Will have to give this a look

Thnx

Tim

Were you ever able to edit the part using a dumb data file? How'd the feature recognition tool work for you?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back