Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Network card not showing

rayi123

Dear All,

I was using Pro E Wildfire 2.0 on a PC running Windows XP. Abouter 1 year back I formated my PC and after that I did not install PRO E. Now I installed Pro E but when I try to open, showinglicense error and closes the Pro E. I noticed that the Host ID in my license is not matching with the PC. I checked registry, but didn't see the network card. (Actually there are 2 net work cards in my PC, One wired and the other wireless). But if I check by Device Manager (System property/ Hardware) it is showing. How I solve this issue? Also how can I install the same Pro E on a HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop running Windows 7? I just want the Pro E either in my PC or in my Laptop.

Anybody can help me?

You need to go into the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Windows NT > Network cards

and set the wired card to be the lower of the two values you will find at this address. It really doesn't matter what the numbers are.

Failing this, has the network card got the correct driver installed and is it working correctly? Go into a DOS window and type ipconfig/all and see what it returns. then type ptchost id and see if this returns a value.

Dear pjw,

I typed start> run> ipconfig / all. It shows a window and closes. I couldn't read it. How I can read it. Do I want to type actual ptchos ID (00-xx-xx) or "ptchostid" at run window?

Thanks again

Rayin

usethe command prompt window. It will stay on the screen and allow you tothen type ipconfig/all to get the netcards available on your system.

Start> Run> cmd.exe or Start>All Programs> Accessories>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back