Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Need help with something basic

DigDug

First off, Yo Guys, Im Stu, 1st year student of Mechanical Engineering, and I have an assignment due in this friday.
I'm drawing a universal joint in Pro/Engineer 2, and having quite a lot of trouble.
proeng1.jpg

Basically I need to create a smooth surface connecting the inner circle to the cut out cube section.

It's probably something incredibly easy, but we were basically given this > http://www.ptc.com/go/wildfire/learn/how2_intro/index.htm < tutorial as our lesson. Not much help to be honest.

edit: Sorry, may not have made it clear, but that tutorial above isn't what I'm doing at the moment. I was just informing you that whatever is in that tutorial, is ALL I know about Pro Engineer, as that was given as our "lesson".[/red]
edit 2:for some reason whenever I used bb code to link to that above tutorial, it changed to a link to this topis
smiley5.gif
[/blue]

Edited by: DigDug

What do you mean by square to smooth? Is that a tool I can use to achieve the effect?

How does the cut fit into the joint? Do you mean how I created the cube cut?

Sorry Im slow at this, but I'm clueless when it comes to this program
smiley19.gif

> basically given this tutorial

"this" links to: http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/, not a tutorial.

Digging a Snap-on sqr drive extension outta the old tool box; it looks
like you want to revolve cut a sphere or cone and radius the cylindrical
edge.

Let's see what your tutorial is telling you, though.

hmm you mean using the Insert>Blend tool? It allows you to blend from onesection to the next. But if your using a circle it gets a bit more involved. I've done it before but not sure how to create the other vertices on the circle (which need to be located 45 degrees increments from vertical) to match up with the 4 corners of the square. I'll see if I can find out.

W00t!

Never mind, I got it using the round tool, then moving about the white squares.

Probably not the correct way to do it, but oh well :)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back