Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Need help adding GD&T to a dimension with extra text

E.C.

I am running Pro E Wildfire 5.0:

I am trying to find a way to add GD&T to a dimension in a drawing, but the dimension has "extra" text. I want the GD&T to be located right below the entire "dimension" as shown below: (the .328 below is the actual dimension, everything else has been added in the properties tab)

correct gdt.JPG

However, the GD&T cannot be created "As A Free Note" This seems to cause stacking of the GD&T boxes in our system, which ends up duplicating it 30+ times over itself. (Windchill issue?)

When I try and add the GD&T as a "Dimension", it ends up locating the box below the first line of text:

Wrong gdt.JPG

I'm wondering if there's a way to embed this - e.g. add "&g0" to the end of the dimension? I've attempted this, but cannot find a way to link it together.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Try this config option:

gtol_dim_placement on_bottom

If that does not work, you can resort to the evil faking it approach. You can build any GD&T symbol as a non-parametric text string. Use the @[ to start boxed text and @] to end boxed text. You can use the symbol pallet to imbed the position and diameter symbols. You will have to start and stop the boxing for each portion of the frame. This is a last resort technique. The above config should do it.

I added the config, but ended up with a similar issue. The gtol IS added at the bottom, as long as my "referenced" dimension is located on the bottom line of text. In the second example I posted above, there's just plain text below the Dimension, so the gtol is still added in the middle of the entire note. Do you know of a way to fix that as well?

Try this config option:

gtol_dim_placement on_bottom

If that does not work, you can resort to the evil faking it approach. You can build any GD&T symbol as a non-parametric text string. Use the @[ to start boxed text and @] to end boxed text. You can use the symbol pallet to imbed the position and diameter symbols. You will have to start and stop the boxing for each portion of the frame. This is a last resort technique. The above config should do it.

That worked! I had to go back into my Drawing Options and change the drawing from "under_value" to "on_bottom" even though the config.pro had it in there.

Now my issue is that the leader line extends from the gtol instead of the top line of text. Can you help with this one?

Thanks!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back