Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

My Pc & laptop with ProE

andrei2

Hello everyone
May I please ask two questions and before, I would like to describe both computers:
PC: Processor is 2.4 Ghz with 512 dram
Laptop: Processor is 1,5 Ghz with 512 dram

In both cases, im talking about version Wildfire 3.0

First question: On my PC: I copied .exe file to the desktop and every time when I open proe, I do it from desktop. From the mili second when I open it until when proe opens itself AND (buttons such as Minimize aren't able to be used immediately when proe opens itself) loads (basic new menu - I don't open anything), it takes approximately from 50 seconds (unfortunately for me, this is minimum) to 70 seconds. If I compare the program to some other ones, such as Microsoft Office Word or Firefox or almost whichever else program, mentoined time interval is extremly slow. Is this normal for ProE or should I be worried about something?

Second question: On my Laptop: I installed proe and sometime, it doesn't even open, sometime it takes approximately 30 minutes (yes, minutes!!!) to be opened. I would like to fix proe on my laptop because I need proe for university's lessons (I study mechanical engineering) so I wouldn't really play ''games'' with it. I would like to ask, if I buy more RAM, will be the problem fixed? Will proe open in maximum, approximately, 1 minute? If so, could you suggest me how many RAM do I have to buy? Is 1GB of RAM enough for my situation (I described laptop above)?

Thank you for respond.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back