Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Multiple volumes in Linked mode

seekinganswers

Does anyone know a method to import multiple parameterized volumes from UG to Mechanica LINKED mode? I want to retain UG parameters of my volumes (solid) while simultaneously importing other non-volume parameterized geometry from UG. I can use either Mechanica 2001 or Wildfire 2.0. I'm using UG NX 2.0 on a windows PC.

I'm looking for any method to import multiple parameterized solids and/or parameterized non-solid UG geometry into Mechanica LINKED mode. The parameters must be retained.

Does anyone know if a "demo option" environmental variable exists to allow this?

One other related question: Is the above possible if I were using Pro/E?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

What is the type of analysis u r planning to run and why do you need the parameters in the analysis??.

it is not possible to retrive a model from UG to proe with parameters.but there is an option called ATB(associative topology bus) in which the proe model gets updated when you change the ug model (IF both UG and proe license are floating in the same system).you can retrive the changed model and do the analysis.

It is possibe to use the parameters to do the analysis(like optimization )if it were created in proe.

Regards,

Deepak Bhat

Deepak,

I want to run an optimization using UG-Mechanica linked mode.

There is a bug which does not let you import only parameterized surfaces. PTC is working to correct this. Linked mode does support single volume import. If it allowed multiple volume import, I could import multiple volumes and shell meshthe surfaces only. It was a long shot and a messy work around. I've given up on this andwill wait until PTC fixes the bug.

Thanks for the reply.

Joe Colich

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back