Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Moving Sheets

If you want to "reference" a drawing sheet in another drawing you can insert it as an overlay on a blank drawing sheet. It will update as the original changes. Tools/overlay.

If you want add another drawing to the one you are working on use insert/shared data/from file and pick on the drawing. All the data will be added to the active drawing but detailing will not update (ie the models are still associative but there is no link the the inserted drawing). You can delete the inserted drawing if you want.

hi ljcasey
you can move the sheet , gotto -->edit->move sheet -> select the sheet after which dat should come dats it.

i think this should slove probs
smiley4.gif

patil82 said:
hi ljcasey
you can move the sheet , gotto -->edit->move sheet -> select the sheet after which dat should come dats it.

i think this should slove probs
smiley4.gif

How would this move the sheet from one drawing to another ??

you can use: insert/shared data/from file and pick the drawing that you want to add. This will add that entire drawing so you will then need to delete the sheets that you don't want.Both drawings have to have the same units for this to work I believe.

Krow72

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back