Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Moving cables in Mechanisms

altair

Have a need to see moving cables like in a cablewrap on a mechanized design. Have two cases. First one is easier (I think).

One is a wrap or twisting motion that I need lengths and motion anaalysis. One end is fixed and other end rotates, The cable go around a central shaft coincedent with the axis of rotation.

Second is two intersecting axis motion (+/- 50 degrees) where different objects will push the cable depending on position. i.e. the cable is untouched for the first X degees of rotation then over x+ range the cable is pushed by an object and then over the final range of motion another additional object pushes the cable in a different place in a different manner.

When Isay cable it is actually a hose and I only need to model a diameter representing the cable/hose. Doesn't need to the actual part. But needs to behave as a real cable/hose would not going through objects like cable package and pipingmodule will.

Real time motion is highly desireable but regenerated positions would be acceptable.

Style feature is one option but it only gives parts of the solution which may the best I can do.

Happy Holidays.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back