Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mouse problem

JohnMilem

Hello all,

I just recieved a new computer, the down side of this is now my mouse does not work properly in Pro-E Wildfire 2. The type of mouse I am using is a logitech mx510. The problem that I am experiencing is getting Pro-E to react to the mouse presets. I have tried updating the mouse drivers and have spoken to Logitech (3 hours) and have not found a solution. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
smiley5.gif

Thanks, John

John,

What mouse presets are you looking to utilize. I picked up a MX revolution mouse a couple of weeks ago and almost took it back. I downloaded the latest drivers and it still did not work.
smiley7.gif
Try as I might, I was not able to get the 'My Mouse' tab to appear in the setpoint screen. I don't know if your problem is the same. The reason this menu is needed is that the MMB has to be set to "Middle Button". Without the middle button/scroll wheel set to "Middle Button" you will not be able to spin models around. I placed a call with Logitech and spoke to a very good tech support guy. He directed me to an older driver that was not available on their site anymore and it worked perfectly. He also had me do some other stuff becasue the root cause of my problem was that I was replacing one Logitech mouse model with another and that caused some conflicts. The mouse driver that worked for me was 4.00

Hope this helps.

Morning jhoracek,

Its sound like with have the same/or simaler problem. The tech at Logitech tried the same solution with my new system. We went back as far as version 3.3v to correct the issue. It did not work my internal IT tech thinks we have twodifferent issues. The first is getting the drivers to load,and the second issomething is wrong inside of Pro-e.
smiley11.gif
He has recommended that we reload Pro-e and then try the new mouse drivers.

Thanks, John

I had that problem with setpoint & MX5000. No mouse tab, no way to program buttons. I was also told that there are conflicts if I have been using previous versions. Talk about a great way to chase off repeat customers. After much wrangling with they're tech support, they're solution in so many words was get a different computer!?! Ahhh, maybe I'll just get a different mouse. Now using MS 6000. Hardware and software are inferior to Logitech but only if Logitech works right, which it does not.

I too faced same problem with my DELL-G0X00CJ8 mouse, but i cudnt find the solution.
smiley11.gif
I uninstalled the mouse driver given by the Dell computers along with the Dell software kit. Without driver its working like a normal three button scroll mouse.

Now i saw this thread, does anybody facing the same problem with DELL mouse and resolved it!!!
Edited by: Asho Pulsar

Logitech mouse drivers can actually spoil what was running perfectly with bog standard Windows drivers. I've had the same problem with a 3 button MS mouse. Had trouble getting the middle button to work as a middle button i.e. scroll and 'Enter' in Pro/E. ended up installing a Microsft Intellipoint driver which seems to work fine. The other is if you have a 64bit Windoes machine. Drivers are scarce for things like mice which incidentally will not work as default if they are PS2.

Hello All,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

At this point the saga continues, we are going to uninstall pro-E then the driver package in Xp. Then install the device drivers manually and then reinstall Pro-E. By the way we now have two computers that have this problem. The second one seems to be intermittent, he has to reboot when the mouse stops working. More at 5 <?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape></v:image></v:shape>

John

Morning pjw,

That seems to work for the one with the intermittent problem, but nto on ny new machine. lol at this point I am dreaming of a very large hammer.
smiley36.gif

John

Interesting post. I have mouse issues with pro/e as well. I don't seem to have this particular issue, but I get frequent mouse "crashes" where the center button will not spin but zooms...the only way to get it back is to open the mouse utility, change the speed or some other setting and "Apply". This happens two or three times a week.

The worst mouse issue though, is the speed and acceleration settings. Pro/E seems to ignore any changes to these settings. I like my mouse to move quickly but Pro jumps back to some default speed (slow)when active.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Scott1 said:
Interesting post. I have mouse issues with pro/e as well. I don't seem to have this particular issue, but I get frequent mouse "crashes" where the center button will not spin but zooms...the only way to get it back is to open the mouse utility, change the speed or some other setting and "Apply". This happens two or three times a week.

The worst mouse issue though, is the speed and acceleration settings. Pro/E seems to ignore any changes to these settings. I like my mouse to move quickly but Pro jumps back to some default speed (slow)when active.

Anyone else have the same issue?

So better change the mouse
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

jus kidding!!!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back